|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs administrative and advanced professional accounting work. Assisting in the monitoring and managing of grants by maintaining financial records by funding source. Responsible for month and/or quarterly financial reports by funding source; assures all reporting requirements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. Assists in the preparation of internal and external reporting as required.|
SUPERVISION: Directly supervised by the Director of Grants and Program Development
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged sitting. May require moving up to 25 pounds. Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephone and copiers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have considerable knowledge of acceptable accounting procedures, office practices and governmental procedures for maintaining of accounting records.
• Must be able to work independently and work as a team.
• Ability to interpret and apply accounting theory to difficult or complex transactions.
• Skills in working accurately with numerical detail for long periods of time.
• Must be able to exercise attention to detail.
|Duties:||• Assists the Director of Grants and Program Development to plan, develop, prepare, coordinate, and monitor the designated grant’s annual operating budget.|
• Prepares periodic and special reports while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the same.
• Prepares financial and performance analysis of departmental programs on a regular basis.
• Monitors budget implementation by reviewing ordinances and budget adjustments for compliance with the Center’s policy and grant requirements.
• Assists with data collection and prepares the grant’s annual financial forecast.
• Checks and ensures policies and procedures regarding budget administration; maintains adherence to the approved budget and recommends expenditure adjustments; ensures the accuracy and completeness of the same.
• Assists in maintaining good communication between staff, visitors, and other business contracts.
• Monitors general ledger activity by funding source.
• Reviews monthly expenditures and generates monthly reports by funding source.
• Prepares all month, quarterly, and year- end grant funding reports.
• Assists with preparation of annual Uniform Data System (UDS) report.
• Performs accounting analysis for certain projects or grants as assigned.
• Assists with the preparation of documentation for annual audit.
• Assists with inventory of supplies grant funded programs.
• Assists with internal audits related to grant funded programs.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a focus on Accounting, Finance, or Management Accounting required. |
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a focus on Accounting, Finance, or Management preferred.
• Experience in governmental accounting and/or governmental agency budgetary controls preferred.