Family Nurse Practitioner
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), CME, Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Primary activities encompass management and treatment of acute and chronic health illness for all life cycles within the Center’s clinics or service area.|
|Duties:||• Under established standard treatment protocols:|
• Examines, diagnosis, treats, prescribes, and/or refers Center patients;
• Assures continuity of care by providing comprehensive medical services;
• Maintains appropriate medical records according to established policy;
• Refers patients for appropriate special care services, lab, x-ray, and other services provided by the Center;
• Reviews all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care; and
• Travels within reason as necessary to meet Center’s operational needs;
• Works with Medical Director and chief of the department in the development of standard treatment protocols for disease conditions most prevalent in the Center’s patient population;
• Reviews, revises and updates standard treatment and prescriptive protocols at least once a year to meet the medical needs of Center patients;
• Refers patients to Center’s health promotion, health maintenance, disease prevention and self-management classes as deemed appropriate;
• Collaborates with Center staff and medical providers to discuss, address, and meet organizational goals and objectives;
• Coordinates with other staff involved with medical treatment.
• Assists in developing and implementing medical care policies and procedures to ensure compliance with existing standards, practices and Federal regulations.
• Plans, organizes, directs, and evaluates activities of clinical staff.
• Participates in the coordination of community agencies and/or resources in providing continuity of care.
• Directs and participates in the continuing education of the medical staff.
• Assists with overall coordination and administration of center health care services and activities including clinical indicators, health care plan and quality assurance.
• On-call access by telephone after hours and weekends.
• Must adhere to the Center’s work schedule (calendar);
• Must work with the Center’s Director of Patient Services at all levels;
• Must participate and adhere to the Center’s Compliance Performance Improvement / Risk Management (CPIRM) policies which include Peer Review/Credentialing;
• Actively participates in Center’s Peer Review process; and
• Attends medical staff providers meetings, Pharmacy & Therapeutics meetings, and other call meetings.
• Provider shall supervise the care provided by students to include teaching activities, monitoring and oversight of services provided by the student.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Licensed to practice in the State of Texas from the Board of Nurse Examiners.|
• Two or more years of practice as a registered nurse giving direct patient care before APN certification.
• Graduate of an approved advanced educational program accredited by a national accrediting body recognized by the State of Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Currently certified by either the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP);
• Must have automobile liability insurance;
• DPS and DEA certificate preferred and/or Prescriptive Authority from the Board of Nurse Examiners.
• Current CPR course completion card - level C.