|Benefits:|| Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for performing venipuncture on patients in a medical environment. Assists other medical workers by focusing entirely on the collection of blood, tissue, and fluid samples. Performs clerical duties as necessary.|
|Duties:||• Prepares and maintains necessary equipment and supplies|
• Performs venipuncture, arterial puncture, capillary puncture, and other fluid collection procedures on patients, and ensures specimens are appropriately labeled and identified.
• Assists the patient before, during, and after collection of the specimen.
• Must maintain patient confidentiality, keep necessary records, and document results.
• Verifies patient by reading patient identification.
• Maintains specimen integrity by using aseptic technique, following department procedures; observing isolation procedures.
• Tracks collected specimens by initialing, dating, and noting times of collection; maintaining daily tallies of collections performed.
• Maintains quality results by following department procedures and testing schedule; recording results in the quality-control; identifying and reporting needed changes.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Keep records of all physician orders.
• Handles and ships lab specimens according to protocol.
• Maintains statistics on workload.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Graduate from an accredited senior high school or GED graduate. |
• Board registered phlebotomist with one year experience or
• Certificate of completion from an accredited vocational/technical and board eligible.
• Must have a current BLS/CPR certificate.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.