Patient Navigator (BCCS/FPP)
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||To provide eligibility and enrollment assistance following the criteria set by the BCCS/FPP program which includes documentation, problem solving, determination of eligibility and accessibility to uninsured patients of the Center and community residents. Coordinates program services with providers, medical support staff, and community partners|
|Duties:||• Provide application for eligibility and renewal assistance in state program by providing fair, impartial, and accurate information.|
• Interviews clients to gather case management information, determines eligibility for medical or social services and appropriately refers to other agencies as needed.
• Provide information and assistance in the applicants preferred language and or provide limited-English proficiency applicants with oral and written notices of their rights to receive language assistance services and how to obtain such services.
• Evaluates information from interview to identify client’s need or problem.
• Maintains clients' records by reviewing case notes; logging events and progress.
• Advises client or client’s relatives, if the case so merits, in formulating a service plan, explaining departmental functions and procedures. Describing feasibility and consequences of alternatives per provider recommendations.
• Ability to work in a variety of settings with culturally-diverse families and communities with the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
• Composes narrative reports, summarizing case activity and recommends further action as needed, as per provider recommendations.
• Assists patients in obtaining community assistance and/or referral.
• Ensures timely follow-up appointment with providers, of abnormal results and/or condition as per protocol or procedure.
• Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task-oriented, nonjudgmental, open personal qualities, clear sense of boundaries.
• Compiles, copy, and completes data for administrative reports, and other documents.
|Qualifications:||• Must be a graduate from an accredited high school or GED program.|
• Two years’ experience preferably in a community health care setting.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
• Possess means of transportation.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and minimum liability insurance.