Dental Assistant for Zapata, TX
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs all activities related to dental assisting. Work involves assisting the Dentist and/or Dental Hygienist; performs clerical duties as needed/other duties as assigned. |
SUPERVISION: Under the direction of the dentist in areas relating to dental/hygiene assisting, in areas relating to dental charts under the supervision of the dental office manager in association with dental director.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires prolonged standing, sitting bending, stooping and may be required to lift or move up to 25 pounds. Requires the use of electronic office equipment as well as dental equipment.
|Duties:||• Prepares patients for examination and treatment and dismisses them upon completion by the dentist.|
• Assists Dentist or Hygienist during dental or hygiene procedures as needed.
• Cleans, maintains and sterilizes dental operatories, equipment and instruments.
• Takes vital signs and radiographs on all patients as ordered by Dentist.
• Gives post-operative and prescription instructions to patients after procedures.
• Prepare and maintains dental operatories.
• Sets dental appointments.
• Records dental and other notations as instructed by the dentist/hygienist.
• Greets clients at the window.
• Initiates encounter forms and pulls charts.
• Files dental records and x-ray results.
• Pulls records for appointments and searches for missing records.
• Assists dentist and/or dental hygienist with dental record requests.
• Transfers records from record room to the vital rooms.
• Complies with OSHA standards.
• Maintains dental supplies inventory.
• Receives phone calls relating to dental department.
• Presents all patient records to the dentist and call his/her attention information pertinent to the case.
• Assists with physical inventory for dental equipment.
• Answers the telephone, transfers calls as needed.
• Prepares numbers for appointments.
• Makes copies, sends/receives faxes, etc.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to use a variety of office/dental equipment.
• Must be able to follow directions.
• Working knowledge of acceptable office procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patient population. Ability to communicate effectively with patient population.
• Must be familiar with principles of nutrition and dental health, various dental instruments and medications.
• Must be proficient in taking vital signs
|Qualifications:||• Graduate from an accredited high school or GED program.|
• One year office experience in a dental or medical related field OR
• One year dental assistant experience OR
• Graduate from an approved school for dental assisting
• Must have Registered Dental Assistant Certificate
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Must have a working knowledge of computers
• Must meet State Board requirements to maintain license in good standing
• Must maintain a continuing education requirements including certificate CPR certificate