Data Entry Clerk (BCCS)
|Salary Range:||DOE/Grant Funding|
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Duties include submitting claims to proper agency, posting payments, and following up on claims. Prepares, maintains, and distributes various reports, records, requisitions, and other documents pertinent to the department’s daily operations. |
SUPERVISION: Directly supervised by Program Manager.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires intermittent sitting and standing; may require moving up to 25 pounds. Requires the use of office equipment such as; computer, telephone, calculator and copier. Travel required.
|Duties:||• Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.|
• Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
• Receives, reviews, and prioritizes correspondence.
• Secures information by completing data base backups.
• Coordinates and participates in educational and promotional activities as requested.
• Compiles, copy, and completes data for administrative reports, and other documents.
• Develops, maintains, and updates the department’s filing system.
• Keeps moderately complex records, to assemble and organize data, and prepares reports from such records.
• Reviews and electronically transmits claims, closes the day, compiles and prints daily reports.
• Maintains a log of all electronically and hardcopy (paper) filed claims.
• Responsible for downloading and printing Remittance and Status Reports or EOBs.
• Posts payments for all claims to patient’s account as per R&S or EOB.
• Runs receipts report to verify that all payments are posted by site and that the check amount reconciles with the computer total.
• Reviews, corrects and appeals rejected claims and answers any associated correspondence from the claim processing.
• Researches and resolves outstanding claims and payment issues for billing and resubmits claims accordingly or initiating the appeal process if needed.
• Investigates all denied claims by rejection code and acts accordingly in coordination with the related provider, if applicable, to file appeals on rejected claims.
• Ability to view clinical data to fulfill responsibilities.
• Responsible to generate monthly reports for all payments received from services rendered by Center providers.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential, and adheres to HIPAA Regulations.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
|Qualifications:||• Graduate from an accredited high school or GED graduate.|
• Two years technical/vocational school in Business Administration or three years’ experience in this field preferred.
• Possess means of transportation.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and minimum liability insurance.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.