|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs office work to support the activities of the organization’s CPIRM plan/programs, HRSA requirements and Joint Commission accreditation standards. Assists Chief Medical Officer (Chair of CPIRM Committee & CPI Lead-Medical Director), and Chief Operating Officer (Risk Manager, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer & CPI Lead-Operations) in ensuring compliance with all applicable law/regulations/policy; assists with the development and implementation of performance improvement projects. |
|Duties:||• Provides general project management support for CPIRM processes: Assists COO and/or CMO to develop guidelines and systems for the center CPIRM Program; assists COO and/or CMO to develop a plan for implementation of the center CPIRM Program including routine and random internal reviews, special investigations, and reports as needed; assists COO and/or CMO to coordinate review activities with department heads; assists COO and/or CMO to ensure that patient and staff complaints are reviewed in a timely and effective fashion; assists COO and/or CMO with reports to/from CPIRM Committee/sub-committees. |
• Provides general management support for HRSA site visit as required.
• Coordinates Joint Commission meetings/activities and works with CEO, CMO, COO and department directors in the collection of data as required.
• Types letters, memos, forms, audit sheets/templates, reports, agendas and minutes as requested.
• Responsible for coordination and scheduling of meetings/conferences for CPIRM operations, including, but not limited to compliance & safety meetings/committees and sub-committees.
• Assembles and types reports; including, but not limited to, tracking, trending and reporting on incident reports using organizationally-approved grading schematic.
• Compiles and communicates departmental performance improvement reports submitted by CPIRM committee and subcommittee members/participants.
• Provides general project management and clerical support for Meaningful Use project.
• Assists in the reproduction of education materials for CPIRM committee and subcommittee members/participants.
• Develops, maintains, and updates the department’s filing system related to incident reporting and CPIRM related reports.
• Coordinates communication with other departmental/organization staff via email and/or inter-institutional mail.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree from and accredited college or university.|
• Five year experience in compliance in the healthcare industry.
• Audit and investigatory skills.
• Experience in maintaining confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing and presentation skills
• Able to organize work, develop procedures and follow instructions
• Able to maintain confidential documents and information
• Computer knowledge in Excel, e.g. graphs, charts, spreadsheets, etc. is required.
• Computer skills with Microsoft Windows and Office Professional (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), including knowledge of computer technology in a health care setting.
• Two years’ experience in a healthcare-related administrative/secretarial/clerical position preferred.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Possess means of transportation.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and minimum liability insurance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.