Certified Registered Pharmacy Technician
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Performs non-judgmental, technical tasks in the pharmacy such as generating reports, maintaining pharmacy inventory, assisting pharmacist as necessary. As per the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, pharmacy technicians/trainees that have undergone proper training and are under the direct supervision of a pharmacist may perform the duties listed. The pharmacist verifies the accuracy of any duty performed.|
|Duties:||• Assists in receiving and unpacking orders, checks against invoices sent by manufacturer, prices medications accordingly and maintains good stock flow from stock room.|
• Keeps records of all prescriptions filled; files prescriptions.
• Assists the pharmacist with the counting and pouring of medications and labels medication container.
• Obtains counseling information from computer and attaches it to the prescription.
• Assists in pre-packing medications.
• Places inventory orders.
• Process IVR orders.
• Maintains cleanliness within the pharmacy and cleans utensils and equipment used.
• Runs daily and monthly reports.
• Assists in keeping stock free of expired medications.
• Assists in checking all medications going to other clinic sites.
• Answers the telephone and refers all pertinent questions to the pharmacists.
• Enters prescription data into computer system and runs the labels.
• Transmits order to Pfizer Rx Pathways for replenishment.
• Assists in maintaining inventory levels in stock room by entering invoices of medicine ordered.
• Assists in taking yearly and monthly inventory of medications on hand and prepares reports as necessary.
• Retrieves bags not picked up after 10 working days for Return to Stock Processing.
• Receives refill authorization requests sends refill requests.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Graduate from an accredited high school or GED program.|
• One year experience in a pharmaceutical office setting.
• Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, Inc.
• Registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
• Computer /typing