Data Entry Clerk
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Duties include submitting claims to proper agency, posting payments, and following up on claims. |
Prepares, maintains, and distributes various reports, records, requisitions, and other documents pertinent to the department’s daily operations.
|Duties:||• Enters customer and account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or optical scanner according to screen format.|
• Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures
• Receives, reviews, and prioritizes correspondence.
• Secures information by completing data base backups.
• Coordinates and participates in educational and promotional activities as requested.
• Compiles, copy, and completes data for administrative reports, and other documents.
• Develops, maintains, and updates the department’s filing system.
• Keeps moderately complex records, to assemble and organize data, and prepares reports from such records.
• Reviews and electronically transmits claims, closes the day, compiles and prints daily reports.
• Maintains a log of all electronically and hardcopy (paper) filed claims.
• Responsible for downloading and printing Remittance and Status Reports or EOBs.
• Posts payments for all claims to patient’s account as per R&S or EOB.
• Runs receipts report to verify that all payments are posted by site and that the check amount reconciles with the computer total.
• Reviews, corrects and appeals rejected claims and answers any associated correspondence from the claim processing.
• Researches and resolves outstanding claims and payment issues for billing and resubmits claims accordingly or initiating the appeal process if needed.
• Investigates all denied claims by rejection code and acts accordingly in coordination with the related provider, if applicable, to file appeals on rejected claims.
• Ability to view clinical data to fulfill responsibilities.
• Responsible to generate monthly reports for all payments received from services rendered by Center providers.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential, and adheres to HIPAA Regulations.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Participate in regular staff meetings, staff training programs, supervisory sessions, and accept the responsibility for aiding the development of positive team relationships as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Graduate from an accredited high school or GED graduate.|
• Two years technical/vocational school in Business Administration or three years’ experience in this field preferred.
• Possess means of transportation.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and minimum liability insurance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.