Dental Hygienist - Part Time
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||The certified Dental Hygienist’s primary responsibility is to provide technical aspects of dental hygiene which involve prophylactic dental treatments and oral health education.|
|Duties:||• Provide dental prophylaxis and fluoride treatments.|
• Screens and sets preliminary chart for diagnosis and treatment by dentist.
• Performs pit and fissure sealants, scaling and root planning.
• Performs cavitron scaling as indicated by dentist.
• Takes radiographs on patients as requested by dentist.
• Records all treatment in charts.
• Places dental patients on a recall system upon completion of prophylactic treatment and may be required to help in scheduling of patients.
• Follows OSHA standards and guidelines for sterilization procedures.
• Maintains handpieces and scalers according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
• Sharpens and maintains all scalers.
• Maintains and restocks the hygiene operatory in conjunction with casting inventory protocols.
• Advises dental director of equipment and supply needs.
• Provides, as directed by dental director, oral dental health education to patients, parents of pediatric patients, school age children or other community organizations at designated sites.
• Must participate in Center’s Peer Review Process
• May also be asked to supervise dental/dental hygienist students for teaching purposes according to qualifications of hygienist.
• May be asked to help in training personnel for OSHA requirements and infection control according to qualifications of hygienist.
• Must wear required personal protection when handling exposed instruments and equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Dental Hygiene.|
• Must be currently licensed in the State of Texas.
• Must meet State Board requirements to maintain license in good standing
• Must be proficient in taking vital signs
• Must maintain continuing education requirements including a current CPR certificate.
• Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
• Must have a working knowledge of computers