Administrative Assistant - MHM
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Prepares, maintains, and distributes various reports, records, requisitions, and other documents pertinent to the department’s daily operations. |
Directly supervised by the Program Manager.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Requires prolonged sitting stooping and bending. May require moving up to 25 pounds. Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephone and copiers, etc.
|Duties:||• Composes and types letters, memos, notices, lists, and other materials. |
• Enters, composes and edits information on personal computer and prepares final copy of reports and correspondences.
• Receives, reviews, and prioritizes correspondence.
• Interviews, screens, and refers callers; answers various inquiries personally; provides information on Center’s services and functions; determines the nature of problems/complaints and refers to appropriate department.
• Reviews and maintains timekeeping reports.
• Coordinates and schedules travel arrangements and makes arrangement for meetings as required.
• Orders, verifies receipt of, and maintains department’s office equipment and supplies; places supply orders and initiates service calls on copiers, personal computers, printers, telephones, etc.
• Coordinates and participates in educational and promotional activities.
• Compiles, copy, and completes data for administrative reports, and other documents.
• Develops, maintains, and updates the department’s filing system.
• Keeps moderately complex records, to assemble and organize data, and prepares reports from such records.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in public administration, finance, accounting, and/or related field from and accredited college or university.|
• College education may be substituted for five years experience in an office setting.
• Computer knowledge in graphs, charts, spreadsheets, etc.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
• Possess means of transportation.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and minimum liability insurance.