Health Educator (Lado-A-Lado)
|Benefits:||Paid Time-Off (PTO), Holiday, Health/Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability, 403b Retirement Plan|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Assists with administrative assignments, coordinates and conducts training workshops for patients and community. |
|Duties:||• Develops and presents health education and promotion programs such as training workshops, conferences, and educational/promotional presentations.|
• Encourage healthy lifestyles & wellness by educating patients and their families about health related topics such as the importance of exercise, weight management, and the habits and behaviors necessary to avoid illness.
• Counsel individuals and groups on basic rules of good nutrition, healthy eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
• Develops policies for disease management programs to assist in health promotion and disease control.
• Develops curriculum and prepares manuals, visual aids, outlines, and other materials used in teaching.
• Coordinates diet counseling services with nutritionist and program staff.
• Functions as part of a team while being self-motivated and self-directed.
• Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information and patient records.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• Bachelor’s degree with in Health Sciences or related field. College education may be substituted for five years of experience. Two years’ experience as a health educator/trainer preferred.|
• Managerial level computer skills in Microsoft Windows; must include Excel and skills in database management and record keeping.
• CPR/First Aide certification required (If not currently certified, Center will provide training).
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
• Possess means of transportation.
• Texas Driver’s License and proof of vehicle insurance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.