|Benefits:||PTO, Dental, Health, Vision, 403b, Holidays|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Influences patients with diabetes to assume responsibility for their own disease management and will serve as a health advisor offering patients with diabetes encouragement and support.
|Duties:||• Promotes diabetes self-management activities and project services.|
• Assists in the recruitment, training and motivation of volunteers and utilize them in educational/promotional activities.
• Assists with the follow-up of patients participating in self-management activities.
• Conducts self-management classes as specified in the Lado a Lado program.
• Prepares monthly activity reports.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||•Graduate from an accredited high school or GED program.|
•Two year minimum experience in health education or related field.
•Computer skills in Microsoft Windows; must include Excel.
•CPR/First Aide Certification required (If not certified, Center will provide training).
•Must be able to work long hours during the week and weekends as necessary.
•Must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
•Possess means of transportation.
•Valid Texas Driver’s License and minimum liability insurance.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.