|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Provides primary high quality, comprehensive dental care services to the Center’s clients.|
|Duties:||•• Examines, diagnoses, treats and prescribes medications to registered patients of the Center.|
• Maintains a problem oriented dental record for each client seen in accordance with the Center’s Medical/Dental Record policies and procedures.
• Provides general dental services for patients to include, but not necessarily limited to the following services:
• Preventive dental services. (i.e. prophylaxis, scaling and root planing, fluoride treatment, x-rays.
• Operative dentistry. (i.e. amalgams, composites, stainless steel crowns etc.)
• Pedodontics, but not required to provide space maintenance or orthodontics.
• Oral surgery, limited to simple to moderately complex extractions. Not expected to deal with complex cases.
• Endodontics on selected cases determined by his/her personal judgment.
• Emergency dental care
• Assures continuity of care by providing in-patient dental services for patients within the scope of training and ability of provider.
• Reviews all x-ray findings and medical clearance reports for patients under provider’s care.
• Oversees and mentors senior dental students
• Adheres to and participates in Center’s Quality Improvement/Risk Management policies.
• Meets with the Chief Executive Officer to discuss/address issues pertinent to the overall dental center operations.
• Refers patients for appropriate medical care services if deemed necessary before rendering dental treatment.
• Travels as necessary to meet Center’s operational needs.
• Provides, as directed by dental director, oral dental health education to patients, parents of pediatric patients, school age children or other community organizations at designated sites.
• Must participate in Center’s Peer Review Process
• May be asked to help in training personnel according to qualifications of dentist
• Must wear required personal protection when handling exposed instruments and equipment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||• D.D.S. or D.M.D.|
• Current full unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Texas.
• Must meet State Board requirements to maintain license in good standing
• Must adhere to the rules and regulations of the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
• Annual continuing professional education as required by Board
• Must be registered and have current DEA, DPS and other such certificates to legally operate as a practitioner in the State of Texas.